Monday 1 December 2014

San Francisco

Dean and I were excited to be returning to San Francisco. We’d been a few years before, but it was during the winter.


We stayed in an RV park across the bay from the city. We were lucky enough to find a place within walking distance of the ferry, which would take us straight to Fisherman’s Wharf. When we left in the morning, we realized we hadn't checked the ferry schedule, and of course managed to miss it by 15 minutes. So we had almost 2 hours to wait.  

We were able to see a sign for a Farmer’s Market, so we decided to check that out. We were pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful market, filled with yoga pant wearing mamas and their yuppie babies. So obviously we fit right in. There was a fantastic bakery where I ate about 8000 calories worth of pastry. 
No, I didn't eat both of those. 
Although I could have. 
And kinda wanted to.



Our major plan for the day was to go for a bike ride over the Golden Gate bridge. We were able to rent bikes, including a trailer for Reece. I was a bit nervous, since I can't remember the last time I rode a bike.

Turns out the cliche "It's like riding a bike" is true!


Pretending I’m sporty.


Taking a break from riding. 
Reece is in full speed ahead mode, head tucked down.

Pure joy!



Reece making our favourite face “The Donald Trump”

There was a lovely family sitting next to us who offered to "trade" photos. We were thrilled, as most of our family photos are taken by us. The father was super kind, and worked hard to get Reece to laugh. 

Our family Christmas card picture.

We didn't actually make it all the way over the bridge. Or even close to it. Reece just didn't care for the trailer, so we decided to call it a day. A small part of me was relieved, because although I'm not afraid of heights, the idea of the bridge make me a little nervous. And I knew I'd never make it up the hill to get there.

We headed back to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but the food was great, and the little guy seemed to enjoy himself.




Reece minding his manners at a fancy restaurant on the wharf.



Lemon!



Heading home on the ferry. 

Reece really enjoyed waving to everyone he met, and being the center of attention. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a super fun day! Love the family picture! And the lemon pictures are priceless.

    ReplyDelete